Unrealizations

This is just a place for my friends to read about what's on my mind. If you don't know me, it may or may not be of any interest.

Monday, July 11, 2005

Dennis Blows, I Don't Suck

So, first of all, my sympathies to anyone who was hurt or suffered negatively from the Hurricane Dennis thing. That being said, however... when do we stop treating Hurricane Devastation in Florida as though it were something special. Do I expect sympathy for a foot of snow? No, because it happens so often, everyone knows better. There's no sympathy for a level 4 in Oklahoma, because anyone there should know better than to say "WHY ME?" Why you? Because you live in goddamned toronado alley! So, Florida... sucky day, kids, but, you can't say last year didn't give you an idea. So build stronger houses, or move. Emily's on her way.

In other WTF News: it has now been 9 full days since I have had a cigarette. As if that isn't amazing enough, yesterday, I (ready for this?) forgot to put on a new patch, and it was actually fine. I'm now wondering if I'll be okay just quitting the patch now. I don't know if I'll try that or not, though. I just don't want this time to be another false start.

The worst part is the habit. I just feel like there's this thing that I'm supposed to be doing, and just can't. It's really strange because it's this thing that I've done about once an hour or more, every day, for the last ten years.

Another thing that's bugging me as I'm awake at a rare (for the summer) 7:00 A.M.-- It's so annoying when the local weather guy says "Thanks, Al," and "Back to you, Al," when Roker hands over to the local weather report. Does he really think anyone believes that he and Al are good friends, or even in contact? Why can't he say "Good morning," or "Back to Al." We all know that Al Roker has no fre--WOW, Sgt Scott Haines of the Santa Rosa Florida County Sherriff, is HOT!!!--sorry... has no freaking clue who Rich Caniglia of Rochester's WHEC is, and that they're not in personal communication while doing the weather.

Well, that's what's got me going this morning.

2 Comments:

At 1:57 AM, Blogger Jay said...

Nine days? You rock! So very awesome. Now, if I could only stop eating like you stopped smoking, I think I could do good. :-)

In other news, I'm more worried about stuff in England that some wind and rain in Florida...

 
At 9:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude! If I WERE looking for friends (instead of trying to kill thirty minutes online while I wait for one who's always uber-late), I'd pick you. Why? Because I keep telling people that I want to go the Today show and get Al Roker to say, "That's what's happening around the country. RICH CANIGLIA, what's happening in Rochester, New York?" It used to crack me up, when I lived in Roch, that Rich Caniglia always used to thank Al. That said, I desperately miss Rich Caniglia now that i'm in a different city. Rich Caniglia is an awesome weatherman, and the morning guy here is ... actually, I don't even think he's a real weatherman. Anyway, I'm going to stop commenting on your blog now. All the best.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home